Thursday, December 29, 2016

Buddy Johnson, Wails (1959)

Buddy Johnson, Wails (1959)
Thursday's lunch record is by the Buddy Johnson orchestra. This big band R&B early rock n' roll album was a stereo issue released in 1959 on the Mercury record label. It was originally issued as a Mono recording in 1957. All songs composed by Buddy Johnson. His sister Ella Johnson and Floyd Roland are featured vocalists along with Buddy who sings a couple of songs. Songs include; "Goodbye Baby Here I Go", "They All Say I'm The Biggest Fool", "I Don't Care Who Knows", "Lil Dog", "You'll Get Them Blues", "Since I Fell For You", "Baby Don't You Cry", "Minglin' ", "Please Mr. Johnson" , "I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone", "I Cry", "Stop Pretending". The YouTube sample song is "You'll Get Them Blues" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF8pZijWfko . . bucko

No comments:

Post a Comment