Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Jacks, Greatest Hits (1974) r. 1955-56

The Jacks, Greatest Hits (1974) r. 1955-56
Tuesday's lunch record is a collection of early rockin' R&B vocal group songs by The Jacks. This 1974 reissue album is on Relic records. The original recordings are from 1955-56 for Modern records. This 5 piece vocal group was backed by the Maxwell Davis orchestra. Songs include; "Why Don't You Write Me", "Smack Dab In The Middle", "Dream A Little Longer", "Since My Baby's Been Gone", "I'm Confessin", "My Clumsy Heart", "How Soon","Why Did I Fall In Love", "My Darlin'", Away", "Sugar Baby", "So Wrong", "Lets Make Up", "This Empty Heart", "This Empty Heart (My Love Has Hone)". The YouTube sample songs are:  "Smack Dab In The Middle/ Why Don't You Write Me" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYvVh-ND4lw . . bucko
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment